Square D Pressure Switch

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by bobabuoy, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bobabuoy

bobabuoy New Member

The pressure switch's from Square D are sold in either 20-40, 30-50, and 40-60psi ratings. Could I take my 30-50psi and just keep turning the screws until I get a 40-60psi cut-in/cut-out pressure? Will this damage the pressure switch or shorten its lifetime?

Thanks.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Valveman

Just tighten down on the big screw only. You should be able to go as high as 50/70 with that switch if you want. Tightening the little screw will only increase the distance between on and off. Make sure your pump can build enough pressure to turn itself off or the pump will overheat.