Sprinkler system bid...Can you tell me if it looks okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jacquelynn

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm replacing an old sprinkler system for my front lawn. I'm keeping the existing parkway sprinklers but want them hooked up to the new timer. For the lawn, ten sprinklers will run on one valve.
Here's part of the bid I received, with some comments from the contractor:

Front Irrigation
Install new valve and run new sprinkler line to feed front grass. System will consist of plastic valve and schedule 40 pvc supply line to feed three inch pop-up Toro
sprinklers. Total of 10 sprinklers to water front lawn.
$470.00

Timer Install
Install new irrigation timer on garage. Run sprinkler wire from valve to new timer.
$425.00

"I priced you on plastic Rainbird valves as it states on the estimate for $120 each. The timer is an Irritrol R-series which will be placed next to the power outlet near your garage door. The timer is simply plugged to the closest power source. Irritrol company offers a 5 year warranty on their products. The wire will run under your house, in thru the vent near the valves and out the vent near your chimney. A small hole will have to be drilled to your garage wall to pass the wire through. Price includes connecting new two valves. I am not sure how far the valves are from the controller but it will be about 60 line feet.

In comparison with your other bids information it is very similar, we will use 3" Toro pop-up sprinklers with standard nozzles, align and adjusted. The pipe will be 3/4 schedule 40 pvc pipe buried at 8 inches. Controlled with plastic 3/4 rainbird valved and an Irritrol R-series controller."

This is the third bid I've received. I'd really appreciate your comments as to whether it looks
okay! Thank you.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have to compare this bid to others like apple to apple and determine if it's good for you or not.

Looks OK to me.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One thing I'd say is way over priced is $425 to install the control valve and run the wires to the zone valves. Is the water source from a city water system? Is it is, I see no mention of a back flow device. As far as the rest of the bid is concerned, it's hard to say since the trenching is not mentioned, but perhaps there's more to the bid than you mentioned.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The proposal is not so bad and to bury and set up 10 sprinklers sounds like a good buy. What popped to me was it specified schedule 40 PVC. At lot of irrigation guys in South florida will use PSI 160 PVC. The thin stuff that gets brittle over time. Also the sprinklers the pro use are better made than the stuff sold at HD.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks