Sprinkler controllers

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by adam, Jul 10, 2008.

1. adam

adam DIY Junior Member

I don't see too much difference in the various controller manufacturers.
    Anyone care to elaborate what would be a good controller ?

I (eventually) need a 10 zone though an expandable one would be good.
    I've got 3 zones for flowers that need to be watered
    twice a day. The rest (or all) of the zones watered on a different schedule.

Ideally the schedule can be programmed for 2 or more times per scheduled day and
    the schedule can be weekly based or every N days based.

Thx.

Adam
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I think all of the major manufacturers of sprinkler systems make a controller and they probably all work well. Individuals may have personal choices, but they all do the same thing. I'd suggest you go to a professional irrigation supply and share your needs with them. They can not only point you in the right direction, but can take you to school on how to program it. Rainbird, Toro, Orbit, and Hunter are the names that come to my mind, but there are probably more.