Solder question

Users who are viewing this thread

MartinM

Reaction score
Had just a quick question on Solder diameter. Haven't sweated a joint in a while, last time I did a retired plumber taught me and was kind enough to let me use most of his goodies.

Used Oatley 95, which I have found.. And I believe I used Bridgit solder. I would like to just get what I originally used since I had no issues.

Was looking around online and while not finding many places, I see it comes in different diameters. I was assuming the standard is 1/8th(.125)? Is that the norm for sweating 1/2 and a few 3/4 copper? Or another size?

Also anyone by chance know a site online to order the Bridgit?

Thanks

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
For plumbing, I've only seen 1/8" but I'm a DIY and it works so I use it. I've had good luck w/ all brands.

Good Luck

Jason

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
For a DIYr about any lead free solder should work fine for a few joints or a small project.

You don't need to be picky. Plumbers are picky because the do so much of it, but will use what ever solder they can find if they need to.

Prashster

Reaction score
Don't sweat the small stuff

Use the Oatey 95. You won't have problems. If you search this forum for solder, you'll find that Oatey 95 is a favorite.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks