Snowbird - Black in rim wash when toilet unused several months

Users who are viewing this thread

Kstuart

Reaction score
I am currently going back and forth between two entirely different houses in typical snowbird fashion (although in my case it is due to waiting for the housing market to pick up in order to sell our first house).

One house has well water and a septic system, while the new house has city water and sewer. Both houses have one Toto Drake and one other toilet (although that should not have any bearing on this situation).

In both cases, when returning after a few months, using the toilet will produce black from the rim wash jets. I'm guessing this is due to mold inside the toilet in the passages for the rim wash jets.

What is the best way to deal with the situation ?

I noticed in one previous thread, it was mentioned that septic systems do not like bleach...

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks