Small/Disappeared Leak in New PVC DWV

Users who are viewing this thread

Hambone8780

Reaction score
Hi folks, when doing my water pressure test I noticed a very small leak in 3" PVC in the crawl space. Interesting, it stopped leaking after I finished filling up about 25' of water, and didn't leak for about an hour when I drained the system.
Is this a thing, for leaks to resolve themselves? It will be buried in the dirt, so I'm not overly worried about it, but I do need to pass inspection.
On that note, is there an easy-ish way to repair the joint? It's at the bottom of a long sweep el, in case that matters. I'm considering using a leak-b-gone ring, but would love an experienced opinion!
Cheers,
Rich

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its illegal to repair a joint. many times on ABS Ive seen guys glue around a hub on a leaking joint they just build up glue not supposed to though.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its a lot easier to remove and replace the fitting now if for some reason the PVC cement didn't take or the fitting cracked.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, So if leak is on top and a small drip under pressure I can understand the frustration. but its not allowed I dont nessesarily see the harm though . `

Reach4

Reaction score
Experimental idea: Empty the water. Draw a vacuum. Let the leak area dry a bit, and then suck in ABS glue. I am not a pro. I have never tried this. A wet-dry vac might be a good source of vacuum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks