1. BrianL

BrianL New Member

Hello All,

I have a 2 year old Kohler single-control kitchen sink faucet (model number K-10412).

For the last few months the pressure has been falling, both the cold and hot water equally. The hand sprayer is still OK. Removing the aerator has no effect. I took the body apart today and could not find anything amis. No debris or problems found.

Is the valve going bad somehow? Replace it and see what happens?

THanks for your thoughts!

--Brian
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Take a look at this linked parts diagram for your faucet.
    Kokler K-10412 parts diagram

I believe the problem is going to be in the #75878 / DIVERTER ASSEMBLY
    Call 1-800-4-Kohler to get your warrantee parts.

Simply removing it skould improve the faucet immediately but when you use the side spray water will come out of both the side spray and the faucet spout so side spray flow will be somewhat diminished...
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  3. BrianL

BrianL New Member

Holy Smokes ...

... Batman, that was fast!

That makes sense, I will call tomorrow!

Thanks a ton,

--Brian
  4. BrianL

BrianL New Member

Got it

OK, got the part (Kohler sent a new valve and o-rings as well). I have the diagram of the faucet, but cant figure out where the actual diverter goes. Do I take apart the base of the faucet (ie - completely remove the faucet and take it apart), or is there someway to get at it from below the valve.

Thanks!

--Brian
  5. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Most single handle faucets after you remove the center cartridge take the spout firmly by the hand wiggle back and forth lifting at the same time
    this should pull up and off the diverter will be in the center column of the faucet,

you should have plumbers stem grease or vaseline to rub around the o rings
    and other moving parts as you put back together
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Yup thats what you have to do.
    Take it apart from the top down and lift the spout off.
  7. BrianL

BrianL New Member

Awesome, thanks guys, worked like a charm!

--Brian