Slidebar for Victorian-Style Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Bantymom

Reaction score
Greetings all!

First, I must say what a joy it was to find a site with an easy registration! Thank you!
I'm working (slowly) on a bathroom and am trying to finish up the plumbing. I've got all the parts but one: the slide-bar and all the bits it's attached to. I'm looking for something in brushed nickel, Victorian in feel, and very long. I've not had any luck, but perhaps someone here knows a secret site that would be helpful.

As to the long part, I would like 36-42 inches. Yikes! I know, let's just see if I can make it any more difficult.

I thought I had a picture of the wall of fixtures, but apparently not, so here is a mock-up I did in Google Sketch Up. The fixtures in the mock-up are very modern in style, but that's because they were handy. I'll post the actual fixtures tomorrow. Anyway, here is the mock-up:

The tub/shower is very wide (40") and I didn't want to be leaning in so far to get to fixtures in the middle, so I put them on the side next to the door.

Questions:

1) Are slide bars all the same thickness (i.e., can I put switch out the slide bar and put in a longer one if I can find it)?

2) Are there custom fixture makers?

3) Are the handheld "stems" all the same? Will the handheld holding part hold any make of handheld shower?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me,
Bantymom

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I on occasion get custom bars made from an outfit in Alberta.

Oversized glass door pulls.

Custom hammered Steel grab bars and the like.

You should be able to get this locally if not look North!!!

My contact for this is Cantu hardware and Bath - Ask for Marike.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks