Sizing for Washing Machine Vent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by RoseHawke, Jun 14, 2007.

1. RoseHawke

RoseHawke New Member

Good day :D! I have a very specific question. I am moving my washing machine from one side of the room 12' away to the other (so it'll be next the dryer.) Currently it has a 2" drain (standpipe) and shares a vent with the kitchen sink. For the new setup should the new vent be 2" also?

Thank you!
  2. markts30

markts30 Commercial Plumber

For a washer, you should only require a 1 1/2" vent - but a 2" drain....
  3. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

New codes in Florida require a 3" sanitary to a 2" trap, a 1-1/2" vent is acceptable. If you are going to have it inspected you might want to verify the sanitary size to the trap.
  4. RoseHawke

RoseHawke New Member

1.5 sounds fine. That's what I needed to know. Thanks!