sink hole cutout mistake

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by senbabli, Oct 28, 2009.

1. senbabli

senbabli New Member

I am getting new granite installed and mistakenly used the lavatory faucet size to get the holes made in the bar sink area. This is 8 inch widespread hole and the bar faucet is actually 4 inch spread and can be used for 1 or 3 hole faucet.
    I was wondering if it was possible to get a 8 inch cover plate with one single hole or get the two extra holes in granite filled. I am also open to any other suggestions in this area. Please advise.
    Thank you in advance.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Soap dispenser....
  3. jastori

jastori New Member

I think I would try to get a new widespread faucet that matches the 8" holes.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

IF the same company makes a kitchen faucet like it, then its cover plate may work. Otherwise you may have to change it to an 8" kitchen type faucet.
  5. senbabli

senbabli New Member

faucet mistake

Thank you all for your ideas, i am looking for a 8" center bar faucet in tuscon bronze or oil rubbed bronze. That is my first choice.
  6. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

+1 to the soap dispenser, or even a filtered water system (but that's a bit expensive heh!)
  7. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

The granite can be filled but it takes a very skilled guy to do it. go with the soap dispenser and everyone will think you are genius.
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

dispenser

He has TWO extra holes so the second one may be a lotion dispenser.
  9. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

When you have a basket full of lemons.......