Single-Handle Bath faucets without drain

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Dexter, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Dexter

Dexter New Member

I've been looking at HD, lowes and other retailer stores but none of them carry faucets without drain.
  2. Master Plumber 101

Master Plumber 101 In the Trades

I can only assume your looking for a lav faucet less the pop-up. HD and other store's should carry this item. If not change pop up with faucet. It will look better at least.
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Buy one with a pop up and sell the pop up on E BA or throw it A way
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

Most are made that way and the faucets without a pop-up have a plug in the hole. If I do not use the popup, I drop the rod through the hole and then secure it from moving up and down with a rod coupling clamped to it.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The problem is that the big box store faucets come with this style pop-up.
    It's junk and not worth installing!

[​IMG]
  6. Dexter

Dexter New Member

I've found one online and have to wait for couple weeks to get it. We never use popup drain. So it's just useless to have it instead buying the one without it.
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

If you were in the trade, you would want to have some extra drain assemblies to use for replacement purposes. I do the same thing with Delta shower faucets. I buy the tub/shower set and keep the pull down diverter spout and adapter. It is a lot cheaper this way than buying the spout individually.