Shower hose to deck mounted spout

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by CanAm, Jan 12, 2010.

1. CanAm

CanAm New Member

I need to connect a shower hose to a deck mounted tub spout or it's water supply. The spout has no threads so I figure I'll have to buy a device to use in place of the spout. Is this correct or can I still somehow connect to the deck mounted spout by using another part? This device or spout part will only be used to connect to a shower hose. No one else will use this tub but me.

Where can I buy such a device in Corona CA? What is it called? How much will it cost? And, can I do it myself or do I need to hire a local plumber?
  2. krow

krow Plumber

Your first course of action would be to hire a local plumber to determine whether or not it can be done with your current set up. it would all depend on the attachments to the spout which will determine if anything can be modified.
    (I'm always with the attitude that anything can be done, Nothing is impossible, its only a question of money and finding the right person with the goodwill to do it)
  3. CanAm

CanAm New Member

Hi krow,

OK, so me buying some part at the local Home Depot is out of the question, right?
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Somebody sells a tub spout with a built-in diverter and a fitting for a handheld. Now, whether they make one for a deck mount, not sure. I've never seen one in a store, but found them on-line. I doubt you'd find any generic adapter, you'd have to change some parts.
  5. krow

krow Plumber

I highly doubt it. Someone would have to modify A part or parts of the faucet to make it work. Then depending whether you want the spout operational opens up another can of worms..

As I said in my earlier post