Sewage pump could cause big mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim W

Reaction score
I am installing 3/4 hp sewage pump in a downstairs addition because the downstairs bath is lower than the city main. It is installed to code complete with 2" vertical check and all.

I was getting ready to make the final hook-up to my main when it occured to me that if I ever had a plug somewhere down my mainline and effluent couldn't flow to the city main, it would continue to pump and probably come out of the upstairs shower first, then the toilet, etc.

Any ideas save installing a back-flow check at every discharge point? There is a shower, a tub 3 lavs and two toilets upstairs.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valves

Doing that would create more problems than you could possibly, or would want to, deal with. It is a definite possibility, but there are no GOOD ways to prevent it, other than preventive maintainance of the sewer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks