Sewage lift pump runs frequently

Users who are viewing this thread

brucekohl

Reaction score
I have a problem very similar to BobS0327 from a couple of years ago.
My pump seems to run/cycle about every hour or so with no apparent source of incoming fluid. I have shut off the toilet to eliminate that source.

Mine only has to lift the sewage about 8 feet to the main sewer line in the house. I read that the check valve may be a problem (system is just under 10 years old) but that does not seem like enough water would flow back into the well to trigger the pump.

I am at a loss as to the source of the incoming water. While there is a drain for condensation from the air conditioner, that has not been running.

Is it possible this could be getting water from outside the basement, like an underground spring if the well casing is craked or something? I am not familiar with the specific installation, so I do not even know if this is a possibility.

Hope this makes sense and someone has had the same experience and can recommend a solution.

Thanks in advance!!

Bruce Kohl

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks