Sewage Ejector Pump Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

plumbbob

Reaction score
I've seen several brands of pumps, but have no idea which to choose. I am leaning towards little giant, but thought this group would be the best place to ask.

A related question - in planning for the install, what kind of access should I allow for the area around the pump well? I would guess I need to get in there every once in a while so it should be easily accessed...but are there guidlines anyone can suggest to follow?

Thanks!

plumbbob

Reaction score
zoeller it is...

OK, so I'll start spec'ing the zoeller unit for my project. On the second question...any guidelines/suggestions on where to place the setup and suggestions/requirements for providing access?

I thought about placing the linen closet above the area so I can pull that stuff out easily to get in there if needed. Another option is to place it so it's essentially 'in the hall' where nothing would be blocking access except the flooring material (which would be setup on an access panel).

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The ejector has to be vented so I would place it where you won't have to break up to much concrete for the drains and still be able to run the vent a well as you can without having DWV pipe in the middle of the room.

Raucina

Reaction score
I have a Zoeller - nice unit but not the only choice. I would be sure something very heavy is in or on your access so the exploring kids dont drop head first in the hole. Under the linen is safer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks