Sewage ejector pump running too frequently?

Users who are viewing this thread

ERS347

Reaction score
I installed a Zoeller pump, about six months ago, in my sewage ejector pit which services two levels of my tri-level home. The pump worked fine until two days ago and now seems to be cycling about every ten minutes. Even when no water should be running into the pit (faucets off etc...), I hear a trickling of water in the pit and it cycles more often than normal. We have had a lot of spring rains lately. Could the ground water be getting into the pit and causing the pump to be running more often? I was under the impression that the pit was sealed and wouldn't let in water.

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
The other is the check valve could be leaking by letting the sewage flow back into the tank.
Quick test is to shut off the water to the home, if the pump still cycles then the problem is not on the plumbing side, most likely a running toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks