several foot valves stuck in well casing!

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by debrakgill2007, May 3, 2010.

1. debrakgill2007

debrakgill2007 New Member

I need to know what breaks down the leather seals on the foot valves and how to remove them myself. Can you push them through to the screen? How big is a screen? Do i even have a screen? Darn foot valves are keeping me from my water.....HELP!!!
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

I don't seem to be getting what your problem is >>> several foot valves stuck in well casing!<<<, I don't know how you have several foot valve stuck in the well casing, dosen't make any sense.

With a foot valve that goes bad you just replace it, you would have it in your hand and know it has a screen.

You do know that the foot valve is at the bottom of the well, don't you? You have to pull your well line.
  3. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

Your question is a little vague. Leather usually lasts for years however any sulphur in the water will cause the leather to harden in a short time. Most chek valves and foot valves today don't have leather flappers. Please explain your situation a little more in detail.
  4. justwater

justwater Well Drilling/Service

sounds like maybe he is talking about a deepwell jet assembly with foot valve on bottom??