septic tank.pumping ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob S

retired forgettful journeyman plumber
Reaction score
My 200--250 maybe, gallon tank. Has been in the ground 21 years .....no problems. Lately its not taking a flush more than twice, without backing up out of my floor drain, This bathroom is in my garage, the tank is a large plastic type material.It is slowly draining it goes up and down slowly in the clean out opening We had below zero weather most of this winter, And 4 feet of snow around the garage, and hi bitter cold winds. The wind comes out and around the end of my garage, and usually if i don't cover the line and the trap .....The trap freezes each winter .depending on wind and temp.
Question after all that. is this.It is only used once or twice a year "NO trees" even close to the field or connecting lines. BUT the whole pipeline to the tank is----not very deep. 2' maybe at the most. Around here pumping gets expensive . Mine pumped; $210.00 to $300. like i said its never been pumped.I installed it myself in 1993, any help before i call these pumpers? thanks much "retired plumber" bob s

ps; I was thinking maybe the top of the tank had been frozen .Tanks down 12" or so ,and had not thawed out completely yet?
this has been the coldest winter on record for us since 1978.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks