Septic system

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ANTMAL, Feb 6, 2011.

1. ANTMAL

ANTMAL DIY JUNIOR MEMBER

I have A home out in the country. We have A septic system & have had very little problems with it . I have A water softner & A " Non Chemical Iron Eater" also .Both these systems regenerate and the water from the regeneration is directed into where my sump pump is . That water then pumped by my sump pump out onto the back lawn. My question is; can I have the water , instead of going into the area where the sump pump is, go into my septic system ?
    Thanks in advance
    Anthony
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Millions of people, including myself, do just that.
  3. ANTMAL

ANTMAL DIY JUNIOR MEMBER

Thank-you HJ. Would there be A problem with so much water going into the septic system ?.....i.e. the bacteria would diluted and would be inactive ?
    Thanks in advance