Sump pump draining every 30 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Violetm

Reaction score
recently dug the Sump pump hole 15 inches deeper in effort to keep basement dry.
now my pump is draining every 30 seconds.
I am afraid the motor will go dead And flood basement, or will have an outage.

Please advise : do I lift the pump up to where it was before - 12 inches below the floor line , or install a battery pump in case power goes out or this motor dies. New here-
Thank you so much!

Robert Gift

Reaction score
In case of power outage, I would install a battery-operated pump. (Did not know onexisted.)
Any idea from where the water is originating?
Can the source be diverted?
May be.tter to run a smaller pump continuously rather than a larger motor starting and stopping endlessly.
A second pump could also be installed which would turn on in case water inflow becomes too great for the small continuous pump.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect you drilled holes into the new sump down farther. WIth your new lower holes, you may be trying to reduce the water table. Instead, the deeper sump, for more holding capacity, could have been served by holes near the top of the sump.

Can you maybe fill the lower holes, that you drilled, with stainless steel screws?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
you need to get a verticle master sump pump switch and install it on the sump pump and it can be adjusted
to run less often..... you can adjust the switch to only trip on when the pit is like 80% full instead of only a few inches
above the pump.... this switch seems to last forever

o.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks