Sears Well Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

MaxBlack

Reaction score
domingum said:
I want to make sure I don't damage the pump. My pump is a Sears 1/2 hp, and on the side it says "Pressure 20 / 40". Yet the pressure switch is currently turning the pump on at 30 lbs and off at 54 lbs. Is this OK for the pump or will it damage it? What is the correct setting for the pressure switch?
I say if it's now working to your satisfaction then don't sweat the pressure switch setting--it's possible, nay likely, that the guage isn't giving you perfect readings either; they get crudded-up and aren't accurate...

The main thing is, you don't want to short-cycle the pump. If the pump is running at least a couple minutes when it does come on then "that's a good thing".

domingum

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have contributed comments and helped me resolve this issue. I certainly could not have done it without all your help and patience. This is a site I have already bookmarked as one of my favorites...nay, essentials...and I will pass it on to all my friends who are homeowners.

You all are true professionals and I thank you.

Mark

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sears likes to put different pressure settings on the tags on their pumps Mark to make the public think they are getting added value when the buy say a 40/60 instead of a 20/40. When all that really means it the pressure switch was factory set at that differential. You can set it anywhere you want.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks