Seal Well Entry

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by troutster, Nov 5, 2012.

1. troutster

troutster New Member

Hi,

After hurricane sandy I noticed that where the well pipe enters my basement there was a small puddle. I noticed a drip that appeared to be coming from where the well pipe (PVC) entered the basement through the foundation.

Today I went for a closer look. The concrete around the well pipe is in fact nice and tight with no cracks or openings. I did, with this closer look, see that there is a second, smaller pipe (maybe 1/2 inch) that comes through just above the water pipe. This pipe has the wires running out to the submersible pump.

The end I can see appears to have nothing blocking it. I assume that the other end is sealed (maybe not fully, etc) since it is only a small drip. Is there something that I can put into this little tube w/ just the wires running through it to seal up the opening?

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Silicon works for that. But you need to find out where the water is coming from. Sometimes the water coming in the electric conduit is leaking from the pipe to the well somewhere.
  3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

For sealing conduits, I use Gardner Bender duct seal putty. It or a variation of it can be found in most electrical supply departments.
  4. troutster

troutster New Member

Here are a few pics. Still think just shooting some silicon in there will seal it up?

one

two

three
  5. troutster

troutster New Member

Have you ever seen this? Maybe a different brand, not sure where I could even get this, unless I am missing something.

http://www.polywater.com/ductseal.html

Anything like that I could get local? Or at a big box?