Screws for door hinge

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by CentralTXPreacher, Nov 4, 2011.

1. CentralTXPreacher

CentralTXPreacher New Member

I need some help in finding screws that will work on the door side of the door hinge. I bought new oil rubbed bronze hinges for my back door as we had remodeled the kitchen where the door is using that "color" for the lights and faucet. Upon buying them and going to put them on, I realized that the screws that go into the door are not wood screws but machine screws. The holes in the door look like they were threaded by the manufacturer. The screws that came with the hinges were all wood screws. From what I can tell from the screws that were in the old hing, I think they are 10-24 X 1/2. I need 12 of them in the oil brushed bronze. Does anyone know where I can get these? Neither Lowes nor Home Depot are of help. And I've googled and really haven't come up with anything. I have looked all over the door and can not find who the manufacturer is to contact them.

Thanks for any help given.

CentralTxPreacher
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. TJanak

TJanak Member

Not exactly what you wanted but I had this same problem except I needed longer wood screws on an interior door to grab the stud and not just the door frame. Couldn't find oil rubbed bronze so I went with a black screw. I'm the only person who could ever tell the difference. Just an idea.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

ANY lumber yard, or window/door company, can order them from their door suppliers, if they do not have them in stock.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Double check the screws that came with the hinges. Often they are dual-purpose..they are tapered wood thread at the tip, but near the head are fine thread machine screw thread.

If you truly require just a flat head 10/24, andy hardware store will have that. Get some paint at a hobby store to touch up the color of the heads.