Rusting on panel

Users who are viewing this thread

Spfrancis

Reaction score
I'm seeing a little bit of rusting on some of the switches on my panel, and it has me concerned. I wanted to see if folks with more background can give me an idea of what could be going on.

I could replace the switches, but is it masking some other problem. This is a new house to us..so I don't have much history of the panel. It looks like just a few of the slots have the rust. It is in the garage, on an external wall.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 100

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
What does the backside of the cover look like? It seem the rust stains are coming from the metal cover from condensation. Operate the circuit breaker switches. If they feel smooth and easy to switch on and off then it is surface rust, not internal. Any water leak into a panel would come from the top at the entry of the power cables where a mask from the pole to the house is used. If the buss bar behind the breakers showed corrosion, then it be of concern. Is there any rust or water stains at the bottom of the panel or on top of the breakers above?

If you are really concern then please call an electrician.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks