Rusted toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitchr

Reaction score
I do handyman work and was called to help a customer reseat a toilet because water was coming out from under the base. After we removed the toilet I could see that the flange was totally rusted through on one side and that was why the toilet could not be bolted on that side. Probably would not have been so bad but the the newer tile floor top is now about 1/8 inch higher than the flange and the flange is also tiled on an angle front to back. Can the old leaded flange be removed easily? Is there a way to use a PVC flange with the old cast iron pipe that is coming thru the concrete slab?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Go to Loos and check out the different flanges avaliable to correct the situation you have. Some have a rubber type gasget that goes inside the old cast pipe and seals against it. Then you secure it to the floor. The old cast flange can be broken off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks