Running out of water

Users who are viewing this thread

stss95

Reaction score
I am on a well.... I was taking a shower the other day and started losing pressure until the water flow completely stopped. There was no air comming out like the pump was sucking air just a slow loss of pressure until it quit. By the time I got downstairs to check the tank the pump was off and I had water again. Any ideas what could be causing this? The pump was replaced 3 years ago.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It is possible that your well is low on water. However it is more likely that the overload in the motor tripped and reset itself before you got a look. You need a clip around amp meter. When this happens if the pump is still drawing some amps you are pumping the well dry, but if there are no amps the overload is tripping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks