Rubber Gasket Around Tub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by tweeder712, Aug 9, 2011.

1. tweeder712

tweeder712 New Member

I am installing a new Jacuzzi corner tub and someone mentioned that I get a "rubber gasket" for around the tub. I saw one at a friends house its shaped like a sideways "T" and was white. Is the proper name for this product, and where would I be able to purchase one?
    Thank you
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It is called a "tile flange" and you get if from the same company which made the tub.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If this is a drop-in tub that is also going to be used as a shower, then the tiling flange kit is what you need to keep water out of the walls, at least from the tub surface (there are other things that need to be done to make the whole thing waterproof in a shower situation). But, if it is only going to be used for soaking, this won't work. Someone might make a rubber gasket for under the lip to be used in a drop-in situation, but I'm not familiar with them.
  4. tweeder712

tweeder712 New Member

Thank you both, it is a drop in tub, that will be making into a shower as well.
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If you haven't bought it yet, they probably make a version just like that one that has a factory tiling flange already installed (moulded in). That is the better choice. Also, you could use something like Dilex from www.schluter.com along with their Kerdi membrane to waterproof the walls.