Routing gutter to cleanout

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I have no idea if this is legal, good idea, bad idea, possible. But, I have an issue with one of my gutters that is washing out a flower bed, and there is no reasonable way of rerouting water, short of digging under our front sidewalk. Our sewer line(if that's what you call it) coming from the house has a cleanout very close to this gutter. Can I somehow attach the gutter to the cleanout? I am assuming I need some way to prevent sewer gases from coming back up if I attach the gutter to the cleanout.

I got thick skin so tell me if my idea is stupid, illegal or possible.

Thanks!

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Reason being that municipalities don't want the burden of having to treat all that rain water (as they have to do with actual sewage).

In my town, we get charged a sewer fee based on our water usage, on the assumption that we basically put a bit less water down the drain than comes out of the supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks