rough in hight of P trap for vanity?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by tjbaudio, Jan 4, 2006.

1. tjbaudio

tjbaudio Sound and Light Suppervisor for a School District

I am putting in a drain for a bath room vanity. We have not picked the vanity yet but I need to rough in the Vent/ Drain sani T that will receive the P trap horizontal arm. How far from the floor should this be?
  2. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

Kind of hard to answer without knowing whats going in there. I've seen rough-in heights at 14" up to 18-1/2" depending on the sink going in (based on a sink height of 31". When in doubt, go low, 14-16".
  3. tjbaudio

Thank-you. I dont know what is going to go there yet either. When we find one we like (or I build it!) I will know. I guess I will put the center of the pipe at 14" That should work for almost any thing. I was going to guess 12" but that felt a bit low.
  4. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

I just thumbed through an old American Standard rough-in book that I had laying around. It pretty much confirmed my guess. FYI, I'm not a plumber but if no plumbers were available to chime in I figured I'd take a shot. Good luck with your install.
  5. tjbaudio

Thats OK, I am not a plumber ether. I just play one on the weekends, preferably when the local store is open! :D