room center marks for peel and stick tile

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by freebird77, Apr 29, 2009.

1. freebird77

freebird77 New Member

Im installing the peel and stick tile, but it seems like a better way to go is to put some adhesive down, insuring a better seal. Ive found the center of the room and marked it out, but can someone tell me how Im supposed to see my lines after I put the adhesive down? Thanks in advance.
  2. Jeff1

Jeff1 New Member

I've used peel and stick tiles with no additional adhesive and it works just fine as long as you've prep'd the floor correctly. To answer your question though, how about just applying the adhesive on one side of the lines at a time?

Another thought though, have you checked that you won't have any small slivers of tile at the walls?
  3. freebird77

freebird77 New Member

room center marks

Jeff, yes I have and it looks like it should work out ok. Thanks for the idea, never thought of that. This is my first attempt at flooring, and while I dont think it could be any worse then the original, Im scared to death of screwing it up, leaky toilet, etc;
    Appreciate the tip, Take care, Doug