Reward

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I think though the book I love the best is The Little Red Bread Wagon. It is about my red PT Cruiser I had. We called him Flash. He was flashy. He was fast. He loved his new shoes he would get and enjoyed feeding the birds. I am almost finished with that book, and it is dedicated to my husband. We had alot of fun together. Look for it on your supermarket shelves. ;)

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, Bob, my cat Robert is 23 years old... we call him, Bob...
he tells all the girl cats he is french, and his name is Roe-bare, and he wants to make wild passionate love to them.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Roe Bare is a cool cat. He has learned many skills including talking. He came to us at 6 weeks old, and he would sit on the bedroom steps next to me, while I called for my youngest for school. I would call my son, he would go, " meow, meow..."

My kids do not remember life without Bob. They are Irish Twins, and very young when we got Bob.

At age 12, my youngest told me to stop calling his name. He was home alone and heard his name being called from the other room, the diningroom. When he walked out there, Bob was sitting none the less on the table looking directly at him, saying his name.

I didn't believe this for myself until, late one nite. His bedroom was directly across from ours and we heard the voice of a seemingly, old man, calling his name. Twice. Next, I heard, " MOM! TELL BOB TO STOP CALLING MY NAME, CATS CAN'T TALK!" I had to pull the sheets over my head so he couldn't hear me laughing.

This became a nightly thing, with me ending up going across the hall, picking up the talking cat and taking him downstairs.

Eventually, he stopped the spooky stuff at night, now, only sits at his food bowl and waits for him to come in the kitchen where he says his name, wanting food.

Roe Bare, roe bare...

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know if you guessed this or not, lol, but, I love to tell stories about my cats. And, have for years volunteer at the children's hospital, and the local library. I do the kiddie corner.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Cats, you say?

...I find it very... rewarding. ;)

Over the years, my wife and I have had about 10 or more cats. We have 4 left of 5, that we rescued, had neutered and made into pets (they were feral) in 2000. We have also had 4 dogs over the years and we have a Chihuahua right now for the past 2 years. We are animal lovers too. They all get the best food and medical care, plus love.:)

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, I could easily become a animal hoarder, lol. But, I like a clean home. That is really nice of you to do that with the ferals. I have a friend, who does the same. They are now pets and well taken care of, too. Bob, 1.5 years ago, was getting older, so, my young son thought I needed a newer cat so he rescued Thomas,who looks just like Bob. I told him back then, if Thomas lives to be Bob's age, I will have looked at the same cat for 42 years. Thomas came with a note attached. The vet thought he was deaf and had a hernia. Well, he had a hernia, but, so far as being deaf, he was a fake. He faked out the vet, but, not me. Granted it took a while, a few months but, he heard the word, " tuna" and, his head spun like the excorist girl. He is sweet. Bob is agressive, always been nearly, biting the tip of the nose off of my sister in law. Hey, I warned her not to pet him. He doesn't take kindly to it. He is not a people cat. He tolerates me, loved my husband to pieces, ( he was his cat) and, adores my son. Thomas is mine. I am never quite alone. My son thought he was attached to me by an invisible leash. He goes I go, I go he goes. Plus, he eats bugs. He is a lean mean bug eating machine. Then, he wants to kiss me, yeah right. Not with bug breath.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
A woman goes into the local newspaper office to see that the obituary for her recently deceased husband is published. After the editor informs her that the fee for the obituary is 50 cents a word, she pauses, reflects and then says, "Well, then, let it read 'Fred Brown died'." Confounded at the woman's thrift, the editor stammers that there is a 7-word minimum for all obituaries. The woman pauses again, counts on her fingers and replies, "In that case, 'Fred Brown died: 1983 Pick-up for sale'."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks