Reusable Pressure Testing PEX Solution? Using Sharkbites

Users who are viewing this thread

cloves

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some ideas for a reusable pex pressure testing rig. I have a bunch of 1/2 PEX zones I want to pressure test individually before putting in water. I have a sharbite and end cap on one end. Now I need to rig something to together using sharkbites to add my pressure test kit to the other side. Here is the pressure test kit I am working with.

Attachments

• Pex Pressure Test Kit.jpg
    Pex Pressure Test Kit.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 440
Last edited by a moderator:

cloves

Reaction score
Hi hj, local code mandates pressure testing. 100psi for 15 minutes.

Why is testing PEX with air not a good idea? I am going to take a jump at an explosion and debris flying around?

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
One reason is that the codes AND PEX manufacturers say NOT to do it. I am not sure if PEX is impermeable to air, since when it is used in heating systems it needs to have an air barrier.

cloves

Reaction score
Upnor recommends testing with water but also says if testing with air but not to exceed 120psi.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks