Rescue Drain? Anyone heard of.....

Users who are viewing this thread

j carroll

Reaction score
a drain cleaner called Rescue Drain? It a powder that is suppose to melt the clog. For those that have used it how does it do? thx

WorthFlorida

6th clinical trail chemotherapy 5/15/24
Solutions
Reaction score
No drain cleaner works, period and don't waste your money. If it does so call melt can make things worse. It will loosen any clog material well before the actual clog and further clog thing up. You didn't mention if it is a sink, toilet, tub or all drains are having drain issues? Type of drain pipe is helpful. Clay and CI clog very easy and it could be a collapsed pipe or roots penetrating. PVC rearly clogs up but it can happen. Sometimes it is a dip in the pipe.

If it is a sink, remove the trap and check it out. If it is clear then the blockage is further down the line, a manual snake or a power snake will be needed.

Today, Thanksgiving morning my daughter in law clogged up the sink with the disposal on a two bowl kitchen sink. She put down too many potatoes skins. I live a few blocks away so I fixed it. The trap was completely full and no amount of drain cleaner could have cleared it. If it could it be hours waiting. Pulling the trap, cleaning it, reinstall, it was all working with a clean sink in less than 30 minutes.

I looked this stuff up and it is made in Australia and seems to be geared for commercial use only. The specs reads it will generate heat up to 60C (140F) degrees. It's how all drain cleaners work, by generating heat. It doesn't look like this can not be bought.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Lye-based drain cleaners are good for clearing clogs cause by fats. They are dangerous to whoever comes along to clean the drains on the many cases where they don't work.

JerryR

Reaction score
We use Bio-Clean in our drains every 3-6 months. It’s a safe enzyme and Bacteria that gobbles up organic matter. I mix it up and pour it into drains before going to bed and let it work. He longer you leave it the more effective it is.
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Clean-Ultimate-Drain-Cleaning-Kit/dp/B078XKZC63/
My wife’s sink in the bathroom still gets clogged with her hair but I remove the drain stopper and use the tool in the bio-clean kit to easily pull out the hair.

Bio-clean is safe for septic tanks also.

http://bio-clean.com/bioclean/moreabout.html

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks