Replacing Sewage Ejector Pump/Control Valve

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by nogimmicksneeded, Nov 17, 2007.

1. nogimmicksneeded

nogimmicksneeded New Member

Hello:

There is a below ground sewage ejector pump in our basement that appears to be failing. Sewage backed up into the bathtub and the pump appears to run and run until it is unplugged.

Do I need both a new sewage pump and a control valve? I am trying to remove the top cover to determine the pump type and size and I am having a hard time. I remove the four bolts and unscrewed the couplings on one of the PVC pipes. The PVC piple is hitting a joist in the ceiling and I am unable to uncouple. Do you have any advice for removing the cover?

If I am unable to replace the pump and/or control valve myself, what is a resonable labor only costs to pay a plumber? Please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your heelp.