Replaced bladder tank and now have very brown water

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Gwiki, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Gwiki

Gwiki New Member

Hello~
    Our bladder tank died so we replaced it yesterday...now our water is horribly brown. The tank we replaced ours with was a used fiberglass model. Could this be the issue? I know enough to be dangerous, but of all the potential problems I thought I might encounter this definitely wasn't on my list. The tank seems to be functioning very well, it's properly charged and holding pressure. The pump is set for 45/65, it's a half horse submersible pump. Beyond that I don't know much about the well. We have no filters installed, but there is a water softener. I ran the water for over 6 hours without any change is color or amount of sediment. I'm completely baffled...thoughts??
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Anytime you change something you stir up things. Run a line before the softener and see if it clears up. Just probably need more than 6 hours of running.