Replaced bladder tank and now have very brown water

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Gwiki, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Gwiki

Gwiki New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Our bladder tank died so we replaced it our water is horribly brown. The tank we replaced ours with was a used fiberglass model. Could this be the issue? I know enough to be dangerous, but of all the potential problems I thought I might encounter this definitely wasn't on my list. The tank seems to be functioning very well, it's properly charged and holding pressure. The pump is set for 45/65, it's a half horse submersible pump. Beyond that I don't know much about the well. We have no filters installed, but there is a water softener. I ran the water for over 6 hours without any change is color or amount of sediment. I'm completely baffled...thoughts??
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    Anytime you change something you stir up things. Run a line before the softener and see if it clears up. Just probably need more than 6 hours of running.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement