Removed wet bar......now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Beansdog

Reaction score
Recently removed a wet bar and wanted to get some advice. The house was built in 1978 and is a four level split. I removed the wet bar which is located on the lower level slab of the split. The supply lines and drain are approximately 6ft into the slab from the basement block. The supply line comes up through the slab, fed the old wet bar and splits, then returns back down through the slab to feed the bathroom and utility room water supply. My question is, what is the safest and easiest way to remove the lines above the slab and reattach the supply line? Chisel out concrete/slab around the lines, cut and reattach below the slab and replace concrete? I've attached some photos for reference. Thank you for your input!

Attachments

• 42734.jpeg
    42734.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 42736.jpeg
    42736.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 42735.jpeg
    42735.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 52

GReynolds929

Reaction score
You can't have joints under a slab unless they're brazed. If you need to have them below floor I would make an access panel so that they can be serviced and not concrete over them.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess if you want an acess panel in the floor no need in brazing if it has acess you can even use shark bites! Id soft solder if using an acess panel

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks