Remodeling bathroom.. Running drain pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

firemanpipes

Reaction score
I'm remodeling my bathroom.... The bathroom has been remodeled before, and they added a 2nd toilet and a shower to the drain line in the bathroom... Now I don't want the 2nd toilet and the shower.... is it okay for me to simply put a pvc cap on each of the pvc pipes that i wish to not use anymore... Or do i need to chip all the floor out and rerun the drain line to pick up just what i wish to use?...

Inspektor Ludwig

Journeyman/Inspector
Reaction score
If the pipes are in the walls, I see no reason why you couldn't use a permanent cap for the vents. As for the shower and toilet, when I have folks that want to remove plumbing in a slab I'll have them "dynamite" it. Wad up some newspaper and shove it down the drain, make sure it's snug and that you've pushed the newpaper wad at least 3-4" down into the pipe, fill with grout and smooth over. You can do the same for the vents if you find you don't want any piping sticking up out of the floor. Easy as pie!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks