re: laundry room sink connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Gramps

Reaction score
Hello,
I have to install new tile in my laundry room. This is an old home with 1 1/4 or 1 1/2" copper traps (i can't remember).
The sink in the laundry room is a double type with the washing machine emptying into one. (no cabinets)

The previous install put the legs of the sink right inside the concrete, i am assuming to keep it steady and not move as it is not attached to any other surface

My question is, should i remove the sink and tile under it? if so, should i bolt it to the back concrete wall so it does not move?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
They changed the code on this style of install for a reason. If you are making changes why not install a proper laundry box. Any debris in the sink and you risk flooding out the laundry room.

Do you have a floor drain just in case?

Gramps

Reaction score
floor drain, yes.

the back wall is concrete block. I am hesitant to use a box with such thin existing drain pipes (1 1/4") it is alot of extra work unless i have to by code. the laundry tube provides a buffer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks