Rapid clicking from Pumptec

Users who are viewing this thread

stoppinby

Reaction score
I have a well and storage tanks. There are sensors in the storage tanks connected to a Pumptec panel that automatically switches on the pump when the water level in the tanks drops to a certain point, and then shuts off when the level reaches the highest sensor.

OK. The pump works fine. There's plenty of water in the well. But what has been happening lately is the Pumptec turns on the pump, the water level rises to the highest sensor, the pump turns off, but then the Pumptec totally freaks out. Both the "Power" (green) and "Tripped" (red) lights rapidly flicker and there's a loud, rapid clicking noise. All of this persists long after the pump has been switched off by the Pumptec. I can cycle the Pumptec off and then back on at the circuit breaker, (This brings in more water) and then it usually does the same thing. Eventually it will stop with the insane flickering, and both the green and red lights will glow rather brightly and the control panel will hum louder than it should. (I know how this thing should normally behave because I've been using it for nearly 9 years.)

Last year we had to replace the old wire that ran from the house out to the well. The problem started after that. But it's been intermittent. Like it'll be fine for three or four months, and then start freaking out.

Any ideas?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but the Pumptec doesn't start the motor or in reality have anything at all to do with the running of the pump. All the Pumptec is there for is to turn off the pump in the event the water level drops to the pumps intake. At which time the pump would be running dry and trying to nuke itself. It's a protection device only. I would say, it may be time for a new Pumptec. Nothing lasts forever.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks