Raising the submergible pump

Users who are viewing this thread

dwells

Reaction score
I am getting more and more dark sand/gravel bits from our well (down 400+ ft and 2 years old). It's playing havoc with the washer, outlets, etc. Is raising the pump a job for the installer vs. myself and is it expensive? I just moved into the house 1 month ago!

thanks.. David

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
dwells said:
It's playing havoc with the washer, outlets, etc. ...

... and just think about what that is doing to your pump!

I think my own well installer said the labor for replacing my pump would have been around $200.00 had I not done the job myself, and I would imagine he would take a little off a drop pipe (if possible) for about the same amount.

Call the pro, and very soon! Your pump might need to remain right where it is, and that would call for a different approach to your dilemma. There are self-cleaning spin filters that can protect your household fixtures, but your pump might give up before you could even get one installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks