Question about shower base

Users who are viewing this thread

VinnyinNJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted ...my life gets in the way of doing projects!

I had a American Standard shower base installed by a plumber and he used mortar to set it down on. It was absolutely quiet until I had installed the concrete backer board (Wonderboard) on all 3 sides and now it squeaks when I step in it to screw the backer board in. 2 sides have been up for quite a while and it never squeaked with them in place. I looked at the gap of where the backer board sits and it seems OK - none of the backer board is resting on the base. I am using the original studs that framed the original base but I did add wooden sub floor under the base.

I am at the point where I could unscrew the backer boards if need be, which I assume will have to be done. but am hoping that the base doesn't have to be removed. A quick inspection seems that the noise is coming from 1 area, opposite side of where the last board was installed but I'm not sure.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Vinny

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks