question about plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bronzemaxell, Jul 31, 2010.

1. bronzemaxell

bronzemaxell New Member

Hi
    i am in the process of hooking up my water filters

i have a check valve between the well submersible pump and right before the pressure switch relay then to pressure tank.
    then pressure tank to sediment filter to pH filter to water softner to house
    i am aware of the in and out on the control valve

can or if the water flow in reverse direction, will the resin in the tank back flow and travel to the house pipe?
    is it a bad idea to put an other check valve between pressure tank and sediment filter to prevent water to flow in reverse direction?
    [​IMG]
  2. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Please be sure you have a thermal expansion tank installed on cold inlet to your water heater to protect the tank and your warranty !
  3. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

get rid of any check valves. You don't need them and they add to the restriction of the system.