PVC pipe unlatched Sumpump

Users who are viewing this thread

Adviceneeded

Reaction score
Hi! Our discharge sumpump pvc pipe keeps coming off of the black link and then flooding our room. The first two times it was the first link and the third time it was the second link. (&yes very disgusting)

We tightened it back up each time and it was fine for a long time but now it’s just annoying and looking to see how we can fix it permanently. ( Ps. I believe the pvc pipe goes from inside to under the ground to the sewer outside for I looked outside and did not see any pipe)

Attachments

• IMG_8723.jpeg
    IMG_8723.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8724.jpeg
    IMG_8724.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 24

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
1. The bands may be somewhat damaged and in need of replacement.
2. No-hub bands have a specific torque and a specific tool called a t-torquer.
3. Sewer ejector pumps are required to have a full port shut-off valve after the check valve to allow servicing.
MOST IMPORTANT: your pipe needs to be fully and properly stabilized and supported in vertical and horizontal directions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks