pvc glue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by gfe76, Jan 30, 2005.

1. gfe76

gfe76 New Member

I had some pvc glue that was slightly gelled so I added some acetone (very similar to methyl ethyl ketone). It now seems to be the same consistency as new...anyone ever done this? I use this stuff so infrequently....more for a general purpose plastic glue than for pvc pumbing.... thanks for reply
  2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

As long as your not using it for a pressure application as with water line and or dwv then do with what you want with it, once it gels it's no longer good for the plumbing system.
  3. gfe76

gfe76 New Member

thaks for info