pump won't turn off

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by sandy jr, May 30, 2010.

1. sandy jr

sandy jr New Member

May 30, 2010
    I've replaced my old irrigaton shallow well pump along with the pressure switch. The pump is holding great pressure and prime, but it won't turn off. I can't seem to find any leaks or clogs and the pressure switch(20-40) instruction shows 18PSI in tank, which I have, and when running it shows 32PSI. I have adjusted the spring almost all the way in with no luck. Been working on this 2 days and would love to enjoy the holiday without worring about blowing the pump up. I may need to add that I have a 1 1/4 well pipe entering into a 2" pump. Thanks
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    Probably got something clogging the jet.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement