pump won't prime

Users who are viewing this thread

no luck

Reaction score
I have 20 year old shallow well used for irrigation with 1 Hp pump that came with the house. I replaced the pump abourt 4 years ago. has usuallly worked without any hitches. this year in the spring pump would prime but not hold it. I would have to reprime every morning. Now I can't get it to prime at all. system holds vacuum I can here it release when i break into system. I have tried flushing out the well with a hose down the well. no Joy. Is screen clogged? Do I need to sink a new well? Ideas please

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums no luck,

Having the Model number of your pump may help.

When you put water in the well, does it take the water or just fill up the pipe ?

What is the casing size of your well ?

Have a good day.

DonL

Last edited:

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
You have a leak in the suction line or possibly a bad check valve. Shallow driven wells in our area usually last 20 years give or take 10 years. I'd say the life of your wel is nearing it's end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks