Pump to sprinkler mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

tsingh

Reaction score
Hi,

In the process of troubleshooting a pump that can't maintain prime, a new situation came up.

Typically, I would test the pump by running an outdoor faucet (at the end of a white pipe similar to the pipe at the outlet of the pressure tank). When I run this faucet (even moderately), the pressure in the pump pressure gauge starts dropping and the pump kicks in at the cut in point.

The sprinkler system is supposed to be attached to the pump, but when I run the sprinkler no pressure drop is noticed at the pump. What's the best way to validate if the sprinkler is attached to be pump and if it is, then why is there no pressure change in the pump?

I am putting all this effort to fix this pump, in the hopes that my sprinkler would run off of it, so if something is wrong with the pump to sprinkler connection, that fundamentally changes a lot.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks