pump surge

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Doubler, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Doubler

Doubler New Member

Terry: When my well pump comes on it builds presure nice and radual as evident by watching the gage, at the few moments before it reachs the shutoff pressure it surges quickly.Any idea why that happens. I put a new gage on just to make sure that was ok and the same thing occurs

Rick
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Not much information but, it sounds like a bad check valve. Are the points in the pressure switch opening and closing when this surge is happening?
  3. Doubler

Doubler New Member

pumpsurge

The switch operates fine clicks on and off with no chatter . What happens is if i sit and watch the gage... when the pump comes on there is a steady rise in the gage until a crertain point and then the pressure surges up and then cycles off.

I`ll check the check
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

OK now "surges up, and cycles off". That sounds like the little pipe fitting going to your pressure switch is clogged up.
  5. Doubler

Doubler New Member

pumpsurge

I`ll check that , thanks!