Pump runs all the time...

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by DMG, Jan 11, 2005.

1. DMG

DMG New Member

Hello
    I have a submersable pump that always runs. I have a 30/50 switch and my water pressure is at 35 psi. The air pressure in the bladder is about the same.When I shut the power off of course the pump quits but the water rushes back down to the pump. So I know I need to pull the pump up to replace the check valve but I have never done this before. The biggest question I have is how do I do this? The well is 11 years old and is PVC and I have a pitless adapter. How does this come apart and will I need special tools? I understand that the pump may be pulled up after the adapter is disconnected. The pump is a Myers rustler 1/2 hp. Thank you very much for your advise!!
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

If you think about it, a bad check valve won't prevent the pump from building up pressure and shutting off.... so you have a leak.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates