pump queston

Users who are viewing this thread

curley

Reaction score
got a 275 gallon tote catching rain water. would like to hitch to a duel line deep well pump, complete with tank that i already got, going to use to water the garden. can this be done?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, but the pump and pressure tank is over kill. For one, 275 gallons is very small storage to use for irrigation. Look at the pump chart and see how many gallons of water per hour or minute it will draw. Then divide that into 275. You'll also need float switches to turn off the pump when the water gets low. I assume that it is a tank pump combination. It can be used if you manually turn off the pump when the storage water tank is empty.

You did not state what and how much you want to irrigate. For a lawn, it can take thousands of gallons.

curley

Reaction score
I know already its small tank , and I already had the pump, its just a small raised garden. I just need to know how to install having 2 pipes.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A jet pump is one piece with the jet attached to the pimp or the jet is down on the well. The smaller pipe feeds water to the jet, the larger pipe is the suction side. For a raise garden bed, just need a small utility pump with a garden hose attached. A small pump will work good with drip irrigation.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
First off, please don't double post.

If you only need low pressure for hand watering with a garden hose, you could plug the smaller of two holes on the inlet side of the pump. Keep in mind the pump would not produce much pressure so you could either not use the pressure switch or lower the setting so it can reach shutoff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks